Monday, January 12, 2009

Unemployment

Well, I'm back to unemployment. I got bit by the "last in, first out" monster and have to take to the streets again. I'm tired of working really hard just to not get paid (aka the job search). Problem is, its not like something will just fall in my lap, I have to keep trying. The forest doesn't just disappear, you have to find your way out. Just kind of tired of the journey.

The good news is that I've been practicing my violin a lot, so perhaps I'll go out and play on the street. Also, I've made some contacts here and there and can check back in with folks (both part-time jobs and career jobs). So, you know, silver lining.

1 comment:

Seij said...

Good luck with your search.

Once piece of advice of something NOT to do. After seeing panhandlers on the corner of 35W and 4th Street, I was convinced that a well-dressed college student (like myself) could stand there and be more successful. I attempted this in a tie/suit with a sign (dry erase board, none of that cardboard stuff) that said "need $$ for weekend." This did not work. Granted, I only lasted 30 minutes and got some smiles, but smiles do not buy you beer. (nor pay rent/groceries).

Moral: Panhandling probably does not earn a livable wage, no matter what your dress/demeanor.