Monday, June 22, 2009

Stress dreams are the funniest of all

For the most part, I'm really not too concerned about my wedding. I think it'll go just fine, anything that goes "wrong" really won't be a big deal because honestly, what's the big deal in the first place? I'm just hoping to have fun. That would kind of suck if it wasn't a fun day.

But as I've had a few times since Alex and I got engaged, last night I had a wedding stress dream.

First off, Alex wasn't my groom. That's a problem. 

Second, my groom wasn't up front, and I was sitting in the front row watching my bridesmaids (in ugly light purple dresses circa the 90's) walked down the aisle. I then realized I had to leave so I could follow them.  

Third, my dress was shin-length for no apparent reason, and I had on some random shoes. I asked someone if I had time to run upstairs and change shoes, but she said no. I debated and then went upstairs anyway. For some reason, I elected to take a shower, washing my hair after it had already been done. But at least I put on some different shoes. Black flats, to be more exact. Those ALSO weren't the plan. But I went downstairs anyway. 

I realized my mom had cut the flower budget completely, so I made two white paper napkin buds and held them as if they were a pitiful bouquet. At this point they had postponed the wedding an hour, so I went and sat down with some strangers who made fun of my flowers and told me to carry a candle instead. Then suddenly the wedding was happening but I was still in some side room holding my candle. I ran to the door where I found my groom wearing a suit that was designed with tessellations. 

    

Yup, tessellations. And even though he was supposed to be up front and his suit was horribly ugly and he wasn't Alex, I was just so totally relieved to see him.

The doors then opened for me to walk down the aisle and the dream was over.

Ok, what in the world!?!?

1 comment:

not eb said...

It means you're, as mentioned, less concerned about the details of your marriage and more interested in the idea that you're getting married. Which is troublesome.

I'm great at analyzing dreams, ask anyone.