Thursday, June 2, 2011

My work birthday

I started my job here at Draftfcb a year ago today. I can't believe how quickly it has gone by, but isn't that how it always goes?

Because my supervisor had a really busy day, I wasn't asked to come in until 2pm. I spent the morning sleeping in, lounging in my PJs, and reflecting on the fact that I was returning to a full-time job at an agency for the first time in three years. This was the conversation that took place just a bit before I left for my first day.

12:22 PM me: so, i start my job in an hour and 38 minutes
that is WEIRD
12:23 PM Jordan: that is REALLY weird
me: hah
it's kind of like, one of those things you shouldn't be able to talk about and share
i'm feeling very IN the moment, you know?
it's like pressing pause between when a boy is leaning towards you and when he kisses you
12:24 PM shit just doesn't happen, hah
Jordan: are you so excited?!
me: haha
yeah, i think so
i'm feeling like i should have sent thank you cards or something, for the offer
is that kind of thing standard?
should i bring cupcakes?
lol
fuck me.
apparently i'm nervous.
(20 some minutes pass in other conversation)
me: ok, i really need to shower and get ready. need to leave here in about 45 minutes
wish me luck and limited awkwardness













Jordan: i wisk you luck and limited awkwardness





Awesome. Oh, and by the way? I definitely got there late, having not eaten lunch.

(Sorry Mom, Dad, in-laws, etc. for excessive swearing. I blame nerves.)

No comments: