Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Day in Dolores Park

Today I went out to Dolores Park in the Mission with Gavin, who taught me the basics of slacklining. Definitely going to be a little sore tomorrow, but it was a really awesome time.

I was a bit of a slow learner, and it's a pretty difficult skill. It's not quite like tightrope walking, where there's a lesser chance of the line oscillating (which slackliners call "surfing") and thankfully its only a few feet above ground.
      

While it requires a lot of leg strength (considering the constant adjustments for balance) I think I'll almost be more sore because of the strange twisting and torquing to keep from falling.


But this little guy was AWESOME: 

      

Light cursing in these videos, but definitely helps you get the idea:





Given the chance, you should definitely give this a try.

No comments: