Monday, February 9, 2009

The Importance of Selflessness, and Self

I've really been wanting to support charities in some way lately. I really really wish I had the available funds to buy some PJs for a local project, and register for the 3-day walk for breast cancer in October, but Alex and I have set forth a financial plan that doesn't allow for a stray dollar (aka when I go out to coffee, I bring my own tea bag :) Some call it rude, I call it frugal). I'm looking for volunteer opportunities and already have a couple warm leads, but it seems misguided to spend time volunteering when I don't even have a steady income. Hopefully I'll find a balance; I really feel like I need to be doing something for someone other than myself, but I gotta support myself too. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon.

No comments: