Sunday, May 2, 2010

On growing up

claire: i think i need to buy some makeup
face makeup. i don't own any.
Jordan: good lord. how do you not own face makeup
me: concealer, foundation, the whole bit
hahaha
Jordan: probs because you have good skin
me: i just never wore it
not great skin, by any means
i have a lot of weird rosiness, but i just distract from it by wearing blush
(in the right places, hah)
otherwise, i just never gave enough of a crap
8:10 PM like, i cared, but it felt like i was fighting a losing battle
8:11 PM i don't like wearing makeup that you can SEE im wearing makeup
for the most part, anyway
8:12 PM Jordan: get bare minerals
at Ulta
i love it.
you hardly wear any of it
but it gives you a polished look
8:14 PM me: i've almost purchased it multiple times
but im such an idiot, i dont even know the order of things
isn't there one other kind of face makeup?
foundation, concealer, and....
Jordan: they do free tests on yoU!
they teach you how to do it
if you go to an Ulta store.
me: there's one right on Powell street
8:15 PM Jordan: go try it
they'll do a lil makeover
me: i got a free sample on the street two weeks ago

8:32 PM
me: but i think it was just the mineral powder
er wait
the thing that goes on top, whatever the hell that is
ha
Jordan: mineral veil
awesome stuff.
8:35 PM me: im excited :)
i feel like i'm growing up, hah
8:36 PM Jordan: lol...let's see? you're married. you moved to San Fran. you bought a dog. NOW you feel like an adult? because you're going to buy makeup?
me: hahahahahahhahaa
fair enough.

2 comments:

x said...

haha i feel like you've asked me about my bare minerals before too. it is nice/easy/low-maintenance, otherwise i wouldn't use it.

there's a bare escentuals store near fisherman's wharf if i remember correctly.

Claire said...

very very possible. i can't commit, ha.