Friday, November 14, 2008

I cook, I sand stuff, I hammer things into the wall...what CAN'T I do!?

Since Alex and I moved out to San Francisco, I've been in charge of the unpacking, organizing, and "home making" while he went to work and brought home the bacon. So far, I've discovered I have a lot of talents. Consider:

I refinished a $5 yard sale table that has seen a few too many games of quarters and waaay too many years of abuse to be worth keeping. 


A little sanding, well, a lot of sanding, some primer, paint and a week (or two) later...


Voila! My new table, black and glossy and smooth as ever. Unfortunately it had to sit and dry in the kitchen for many days. But that didn't keep me from cookin'!


That's linguini with vodka sauce, caesar salad, corn on the cob, and tasty butternut squash. It's like I'm a real adult! It was fun, although it kind of felt more like playing dress up than real life.

I also did a whole lot of hammering and hanging of items, too. It was actually a fun experience, figuring out how to put anchors in the wall, drill holes by hand with a drill bit (no electric drill yet!) and adapt frames that are meant to sit on a surface to hang on the wall.


My real-life education has begun. Here's to growth!

1 comment:

Call me Fitz. said...

i am inspired and proud! haha! i tried to hang a big whiteboard on my wall by myself recently and my wall now looks like a woodpecker attacked it and i'm betting my neighbor hates me!