Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Foray into Bikram Yoga

So...I just finished a ninety-minute Bikram yoga class. I had a few white-outs, quickly followed by black-outs in the vision, but ultimately I made it through. While I wasn't sure at times if I was feelin' it, I'm 45 minutes past the end of class and I'm really pumped...enough so that I might return tomorrow. Apparently you get the most out of it in the beginning if you come often, and I got unlimited yoga for a month, so why not?

I know it's gonna be one of those things that I'm going to drag myself to, and hate myself for the first half of class, but I really do feel wonderful now. I love the fact that I'm focused completely inside myself and in my literal being. No formulated thoughts, just reflexively doing as I'm told. While its completely and utterly exhausting, it's also somehow relaxing, like there's some yoga button that gets pushed internally and you turn off completely, minus following directions.

I've got some experience with Vinyasa yoga from when I used to take class in Plymouth, MN. I'll know with time how they compare. Excited for this month-long (at least) adventure.

No comments: