Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My early Christmas present!

Alex came home tonight hands and arms full of christmas joy. All I asked for from him for Christmas was a tree and for our apartment to be decorated. Even though we won't be in town for the actual DAY of Christmas, I wanted to get excited for the season and anticipate the holiday.

With him was one small tree (which we're getting another of!), blue lights, white twinkling lights, snowflake garland, silver bell garland, small red bulbs, large red bulbs with gold decoration, gold garland, and red and green bell garland. It was incredibly unexpected because of course Thanksgiving hasn't yet come and gone, but we put up the tree with our blue ornaments (thanks to my mom for some beautiful blue bulbs!) and are treating it as our "winter tree," whereas we'll get the other tree as a "christmas tree" after thanksgiving.  I broke out my dad's mix of Christmas tunes that I listened to as a kid and we put on some George Winston, beautiful winter music. The beauty of growing up is getting to begin your own traditions...and break all the old rules.

As if it wasn't already so much more than enough, Alex apparently has something else for me for Christmas. While I didn't want him to do so much for me, I'm glad he appreciates decorating for Christmas as much as I do :)

A few pictures, though the quality is poor--



No comments: